Tuesday, May 04, 2010

I aM 52 yEARS oLD ..... Let's Celebrate @ Duck King ....

I am already 52 years in existence. I was first out in this world in a small cowboy town called Padang Serai (south of Kedah State, Malaysia) at 4.00p.m on 2nd May 1958.

And exactly 52years later I celebrated my Birthday at Duck King @ Jaya One (Petaling Jaya).


These were the people at this auspicious occasion of mine.

A birthday lunch on a Sunday afternoon @ Jaya One was wonderful. Everyone enjoyed it.
It was also a kind of a welfare treat for our maid Kasmayati (a.k.a. Ati) whom will be leaving us on 5th May and we would like to thank her for keeping our home in order for the last 2 years and would like to wish her all the best when she is back to Indonesia. The birthday cake was delicious. I like it very much though I am not a cake person but because I love durian which makes it a world of a difference.
It was my wife and her niece (Evelyn Tan) who organized this special lunch. A surprise party would be fun. I told my wife I can pretend to be surprised for such an occasion, after all life is full of dramas. Plain rice with lard sauce – delicious but sinful…..
A cuisine of 5 combination - Chinese stuffed Sausage, cold poached Pork Belly, Char Siew, Braised Duck and Jelly Fish at the heart if it.

Zuyi was fascinated with the Peking Duck dish, he enjoyed the wrapping of his combination of ingredients.
Tofu coated with a layer of seaweed and topped with crab meat gravy was a gorgeous dish indeed.
Tilapia Fish with bitter gourd in a clay pot – a good & tasty combination.

A nice green veggie from Cameron Highland.

Kailan special with crunchy stem and crispy kalian leaves.

Sauna Prawns with herbs were delicious. They were fresh & succulent.
Duck King
8-G Block M,
Jaya One
No.72-A Jalan Universiti
46200 Petaling Jaya
Tel: 03-7957 9819
Open daily 11.00am-10.30pm / Public Holidays & Sundays 9.00am-10.30pm
GPS : 3.118544,101.636249

5 comments:

Faizul said...

Happy Birthday my friend. May you have many more of this wonderful occassion.

tamijudin said...

Happy Birthday Tai Lim. I too turned 52 some ten days ago! All the best of health and happiness.

Pam said...

Happy birthday to you!
May 'Happy happy' always be with you!

Pam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tailim said...

Faizul, Tamijudin & Tarts and Pies - Thank You Very Much!