Saturday, September 18, 2010

Ong Cheng Huat Seafood王清发海鲜 @ Bagan Lallang, Butterworth

Another trip to Penang consecutively within 2 weekends and this time I had to trouble Jeff Yap for makan. He and Amy were at Sunway Carnival Mall, Seberang Jaya when I called them during my drive to Penang and we met at the mall. And off we went to Bagan Lallang, Butterworth, a place if I were to go there again by myself would be a problem.

Ong Cheng Huat Seafood is a popular joint in Penang and the pricing is reasonable and most importantly the food is good.

Next to the restaurant there are old semi bricks and timber structure houses.

There are several dishes here which are popular and can be seen at almost all the tables in the restaurant.
I like the prawn fritters, crispy and tasty. It went very well with the toddy with Guinness Stout.


Mantis prawns with cauliflower in sweet and scour taste. Steamed clams were delicious too.

Steam Teo Chew Red snapper (Jenahak) another popular dishes not to be missed.

Deep fried Spring chicken is another signature dish. Well fried and another dish suitable for the tuak / toddy.

It was a happy meal and was happy that Jeff & Amy brought me here, especially after I have read and heard so much of this restaurant.

Ong Cheng Huat Seafood

Address : 2004, Bagan Lalang, Butterworth, Penang

Phone : 04-3314782
GPS : 5.44412,100.396124

No comments: