Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A taste of 3 Different kind of Whisky

It was an evening to taste 3 different kind of whisky at a friend’s house. We started with a Japanese whisky and later over to Scotland the land of whisky.


Suntory Hakushu 12 Year Old
Japanese Single Malt Whisky
Though I have never knew of any whisky from the land of the rising Sun. I find that Hakushu whisky is friendly and an easy whisky with a mild trace of smoke. It tasted fruity sweet with a pleasant smell. You must try it. ..idesu neh……

ISLE OF JURA 16 YEARS SINGLE MALT SCOTCH WHISKY
What a label looks like “Juru” at a glance, Juru is a slow town in Province Wellesley, Penang. The labelling is too simple no oomph at all. But fortunately this whisky tasted good, it was fruity sweet, smooth & soothing. The smell is not strong but pleasant (slightly peaty) with a gentle character. A further probe I found out that it’s a Scotch whisky and not from the backyard distillery of Juru. In fact it is from the Isle of Jura, west coast of Scotland where the water is pure and ideal for the making of a good Scotch whisky.


Laphroaig Single Malt Scotch Whisky
What a name “La frog” whisky from Isle of Islay. This Scotch whisky has hundreds of year of history in it. Laphroaig is one of the old and popular brands in this industry
I find the whisky very crude, too strong a character as if I am in a hospital kind of smell. But it’s known for as a genuine spirit for truly whisky lovers. If that is the case I am out. I know some of friends who talk about it and like it very much. No way La Frog for me……

My verdict 1st choice Hakushu Nippon whisky, 2nd Juru and last Laphroiag.

No comments: