Sunday, April 15, 2012

Cheng Beng @ Sg. Besi Kuala Lumpur & A Good Lunch - Sek Me Choy

My Dahon Speed P8 came to my rescue at a cemetery in Kuala Lumpur.
It was Cheng Beng festival, A Sunday and a last minute rush to offer to those in the other "world". The traffic to Jalan Bellamy was horrendous. I decided to park my car outside Alice Smith School and cycle to the place I wanted to be.
Another problem surfaced after carrying my wife with the folding bike, the rear rack gave way and she had to walk. I found out that the rack can only take a max. 25kg.
A time when this neighbourhood turns lively and welcoming.
Volunteers were there to help during this busy time of the year. Well done Scouts & well done RELA.

Watch closely there goes my rack ...... but I love the idea of cycling  instead of  crawling into the columbarium.
As usual I was assigned to arrange for a brunch and Sek Me Choy came to my thinking cap. It has been quite sometime I last visited to this place and it has changed.
Everyone loves the Bak Kut Teh 瓦煲胡椒肉骨茶, it's pepper based and it was awesome.
Sek Me Choy operator is a Hakka so is this dish, Hakka Moy Choy Kaw Yok
Simple blanched veges.
鱼滑豆腐 Steamed fish paste & tofu with egg was delicious and interesting though it looks simple.
芥菜饭 Signature rice of Sek Me Choy with veggie, small dried shrimps was simply gorgeous.
Chinese rice wine soup with kampung chicken was not everyone's taste. The taste of wine was too strong.
Stewed pig trotter with radish and soy sauce.
And lastly desserts to complete a satisfying meal at Salak South old town.

Durian with fluffy crust was a real finale. I like the cold  durian fresh in it.

Kedai Makan Sek Me Choy
No. 195, Jalan Besar,
57100 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03-79823132

GPS : 3.101007,101.705455
Opposite the Police Station

Lihat Peta yang Lebih Besar

No comments: