Monday, May 07, 2012

Bersih 3.0 - Where were I?

I just could not wait to join 428 Bersih 3.0. Immediately after I finished my morning errands I proceeded with my plan to cycle for Bersih 3.0. So from Titiwangsa, here I come and the time was just before noon (12:00).
Exactly 12:22pm - Chow Kit Road was clear with very relaxing traffic flow.
12:35pm - I passed the vehicular barrier into Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman with no question asked by the policemen in front of SOGO. What a relief and I continued to cycle towards Dataran Merdeka.
12:45pm - It's already packed with people @ the tip Jalan Raja Laut.
12:50pm It was fun riding on this day moving from back lanes and side lanes to witness as many happenings as possible. Over here at the tip of Jalan Raja Laut with the people of Malaysia.
12:51pm - Met these friendly "braders" of Bersih. 
12:59pm - Some went higher level for better view of the barbed wires.
1:11pm - Masjid Jamek - There were a number of cyclists "maneuvering" from road to road.
1:15pm - Policemen with name tags doing their works.
1:18pm - Met Kean Hooi & his friend.
1:22pm - The crowd was like yellow water flowing down a river.
1:39pm - I made a detour to the back of HSBC building and at the mosque of Masjid Jamek.
1:48pm - Street Party at Jalan Hang Leiku and it was so colourful & lively.
1:59pm - Bumped into another friend,  Joey @ Jalan Hang Leiku
2:15pm The crowd still flowing towards Dataran Merdeka from Pudu Bus Station.
2:34pm - Menara Maybank - Words from the organisers were uttered at this spot and the support was tremendous.
2:56pm - The singing team creating a fantastic atmosphere at Jalan Tun Perak
2:58pm - A group from Kedah gathered at Jalan Tun Perak.
3:00pm The yellow colour was getting bigger and denser.
3:00pm - Business was such a brisk, only standing space available.
3:20pm - People were going back and were moving away from Dataran Merdeka, this was Jalan Raja Laut.
I felt dizzy with irritation in my eyes while I was cycling back from Jalan Melaka. There were other people with similar problem and there were people offering salt to relieve the suffering. What a scene with common rakyat helping one another at a time where the need was required. I washed my eyes with my drinking water and continued to pedal to Titiwangsa for my lunch. Nasi Lemak with Teh Halia what a Malaysian way of life I have. I love Malaysia.

3 comments:

Kash said...

Well done Sir, I wish I was there to take part!

Tailim said...

Kash - Was there any Bersih 3.0 in Ireland??

Kash said...

I didn't hear anything about it but I'm sure there was.