Friday, April 01, 2016

Ah Weng Koh Hainanese Tea 阿荣哥海南茶档 is moving.

Ah Weng Koh, the famous Hainanese Tea in KL is moving again and this time to Pudu. Bukit Bintang Market was first situated at KL Plaza now known as Fahrenheit 88 sometime 60 years ago. It was then shifted to another plot where Lot 10 is found about 30 years ago and that was my first patronisation of it when I was working at Sungei Wang (my first job in 1981). 
These sights will be only a past and the market will be torn down by 1MDB for as part of the TRX City development. I came on the 30 March 2016 to capture some images for my keeping and sharing.
The electrical meter & switches of Ah Weng Koh's stall.
The super busy business of Ah Weng Koh.
The famous stars that came here for the Hainanese Tea.
The familiar faces of Ah Weng Koh on a typical morning at the stall.
The happy lady of Ah Weng Koh.
She told me suddenly they felt like film stars as many came not only for the Hainanese Tea but taking photos.
We shall see you at your new place in a couple of months time, have a good break and wish you the best in your new premises.
The crowd was too encouraging at time some would have to wait to get a seat.
Again for the last time I will be here for my breakfast fix.
Bye bye to the place I once used to frequent on Sundays morning marketing.
I gonna miss this place and goodbye forever.
The delicious Sisters Crispy Popiah stall. 
The sundry corner.
I came to Imbi Market for the last time with a feeling that I will miss the place and spent more time with more food on the table. We started with the all time delicious crispy popiah.
 The usual order of half boiled eggs and the roasted kaya butter toast.
My fix of a glass of kopi "O" kosong while waiting for my half boiled eggs to be ready.
 From the Curry Laksa stall we had these curry noodle and poached chicken noodle. These are one of the good breakfast food found in Kuala Lumpur.
The last time at Ah Weng Koh's stall in Imbi Market.

No comments: