Thursday, November 16, 2017

Cycle Malaysia Day 33 - Singapore

I spent the night in a 4 beds room with two other people from two countries, one from China and the other from Thailand whom both of them came alone to visit Singapore. I had wanted to service by brakes but the time arranged was too late for me as the technician could only be available in the afternoon. Anyway thank you to Brenda for arrangement. And off I went to Amoy Street as recommended by Brenda for a morning ride.
CHIJMES was originally known as the Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus (CHIJ), a premier girls' school established in 1854 by an order of French Catholic nuns. The chapel, now a multi-purpose hall, is known as CHIJMES Hall is a perfect venue for weddings. The Chapel was gazette as a national monument on 26 October 1990.
The Central Fire Station (中央消防局) is the oldest existing fire station in Singapore, and is located at Hill Street in the Museum Planning Area, within the Central Area. The building currently houses the Civil Defence Heritage Gallery, the official museum of the Singapore Civil Defence Force.
The Sri Mariamman Temple (ஸ்ரீ மாரியம்மன் கோவில்) is Singapore's oldest Hindu temple. It is an agamic temple, built in the Dravidianstyle. Located at 244 South Bridge Road, in the downtown Chinatown district.
Amoy Street is one of the old streets developed during the 1830s defining Chinatown under Stamford Raffles' 1822 Plan. It was believed that the name was referring to the many migrants coming from Amoy, China. The roads are narrow and the old building were well preserved and occupied by many F&B outlets.
There are many migrant sculptures seen in the corners of Amoy Street such as this cluster.
As for lunch I met up with my nephew Johnny in Chinatown.
I was game for a meal of Singapore plain Bak Kut Teh and he took me here at Chinatown Point to try it out.
I always enjoy this pepperish plain soup Bak Kut Teh, the soup was tasty and I added a couple times.
Side dishes for a complete satisfaction.
The damage.
After the lunch I went to Decathlon (City Square Mall) in Farrer Park to buy a few pieces of tee shirts.
Then it was back to Station G4 for a rest. At about 5 o'clock I took the MRT to meet up with Sheng Look & Eu Jin and together we went to NUS for our dinner appointment. We had a few beers while waiting for Siew Hwa. Back in 2012 we stood at the same spot for a photo taken and after 5 years we were back again to update ourselves . Thank you Siew Hwa for a sumptuous dinner and it was to met up with your son too. And thank you Eu Jin for accompanying me back to Little India. I hope to see you all again maybe back in Malaysia. Cheers.
The previous meeting dated July 2012.

No comments: