Saturday, November 18, 2017

Cycle Malaysia Day 35 - Johor Bahru

Good morning Johor Bahru my first concern was to locate Pos Laju as I wanted to courier some of my tee shirts back home.
I managed to find a post office at Jalan Dato Onn and the tee shirts shall reach my home earlier.
I waited for an hour for this bowl of Teowchew version of plain pork noodle which I have been pre-warned. Initially getting a seat in the shop was also difficult the people kept on flowing in, luckily I was alone and it was easy to secure a seat, just "kongsi" (share) table.
Ah Hua Kway Teow 亚华粿條 (Restoran Sekee)
30, Jalan Segget located at GPS : 1.458294, 103.764652
Opening Hours: 8am – 2.30pm (Sun – Thurs), Closed Fri, Sat and alternate Thurs
The cooking is using traditional charcoal stove.
I like some of the street murals, this one of a drying line with the various ethnic clothes.
There are others claiming the best chicken chop in JB, I was attracted by the crowd and try my fate in Restoran Hua Mui.
As usual getting a seat is the first hassle especially on a weekend. Restoran Hua Mui is halal and has been in business since 1946.
The menu with a variety of food to choose. I was there obviously for the Hainanese chicken chop and nothing else.
I love it, cutting it in small bites and happily savouring the lovely Hainanese cuisine.
The weather was excellent as I rode around the old town imagining the activities then around these surrounding.
Poking into the backlanes and some with beautiful sights.
Old JB is interesting and would not mind coming back to enjoy the food and the ambiance.
Some of the artworks seen at the shop fronts.
A peep into this noted architecture building located on an elevated land, the Sultan Ibrahim Building was built in 1939 and was used as a state secretariat building by the British, Japanese and the local government.
During my tour around the country I collected some fallen flags and re-raised it on my bicycle.
The journey was about to end soon in about a week time and a brief re-look into my plan for the remaining destinations. Melaka was a crucial place as I has to coincide with an event for My Brompton Malaysia. 
It was wet in the evening I just took a short walk to Meldrum Food street for some food. I had sambal petai sotong, fried oysters and a beer for dinner. Of course it was another yummy meal and walked back to the hotel happily. Good night.


No comments: